Import Products Getting Started Guide
If you have your product data contained in a spreadsheet format, such as Microsoft Excel, then you can quickly and easily import all of your products into your webstore using the Import/Export > Import Products section of the control panel. The spreadsheet needs to be saved as a CSV file (Comma Separated Values) before it can be imported.
Click here to download a sample CSV template. This can be very useful if you are unsure how to organise your product data.
Please note that the product importer adds imported products to your existing inventory; if you would like the imported products to merge with or update existing product data, you will first need to use the Import/Export > Export Products section of the control panel to produce a Spreadsheet file in the correct format (containing the unique "FWSID" column) before converting it into a CSV file.
When importing products, please ensure that you have enough available Product Slots in your account to accommodate the total number of imported products.
- The first row of your CSV file should contain the column headings (such as Product Name, Category Name, Price etc.).
- The Category column can list multiple levels of sub-categories by separating each level with a semi-colon (;). For example, "Parent Category;Sub-Categories;Nested Sub-Category".
- The weight must be in ounces or grams only, depending upon your account preferences set within the My Account section.
- Simply ignore the postage column to have all your products follow your default postage rules.
- Multiple images can be attached by seperating the image names with a semi-colon (;). For example, "image1.jpg;image2.jpg". The actual image files must be present in your Manage > Images section.