How to Assign your Categories to Google Categories
Google have recently implemented their own category structure for products. When uploading products to Google Shopping, you are now required to select one of these categories for each of your products. The easiest way to do this is to map your existing categories to Google's category structure. Your products will then be automatically assigned to the relevant category when uploaded to Google.
To assign your categories to a Google's category structure, please carry out the following steps:
- Login to your control panel.
- Visit the Manage > Categories section.
- Click the Map Google Categories button shown in the toolbar at the top of the Category Tree. You will then be shown a list of all of the categories on your store.
- Click the Assign button next to a category.
- Click on the appropriate Google Category in the list and then click the Save Google Category button.
- Repeat the process for each of your categories in the list.