Other Domain Names
- Visit your domain name registar's website and login to your account.
- Visit the section which allows you to manage your domain names.
- Specifically, try to find a DNS Management section (it could also be called something like DNS Settings or Records. If you are unable to find it, you may need to contact the domain registrar and ask them to point you in the right direction)
- Once in a DNS Management system, you may see options to edit or add several kinds of DNS record, typically CNAME records, A records and MX records.
- Modify the default A record to point to the following IP address: 18.104.22.168.
- Add a new CNAME record.
- The first setting you are able to add is usually referred to as the Alias or Value - set this to www.
- The next setting is typically called Host. Set this to shop.freewebstore.org (you do not need to insert your own shop name such as "myshopname.freewebstore.org", simply enter shop.freewebstore.org exactly as it is written.
- Click Save or OK to confirm the details. You should then be able to see the new CNAME record in the list of DNS records.
- That's it. You can now link the domain name to your store via the Marketing > Domain Name section of the control panel.
- Please note that DNS changes may take up to 48 hours to be completed. If you link your domain name to your store before this time, you may need to wait until the changes have propagated before the domain name begins to work with your store.
- If the DNS changes have been made and the domain name has been linked to your store, but after 48 hours it still does not appear to be working, feel free to get in touch with our Support Team and we'll do our best to help.
Help by topic
Help by section