Getting Started with Google Shopping
Once you have a domain name attached to your store and are subscribed to any of our packages, you are almost ready to begin uploading your products directly to Google.
Users are required to set up their own Google Merchant Center account with which to upload their products to Google Shopping. These free accounts can be created at http://www.google.com/merchants.
Once you have a Google Merchant Center account, simply follows these steps:
- Log into the Free Webstore Control Panel and visit the Marketing > Google Tools > Google Shopping section.
- Enter your Google Merchant Center username and password and click "Save" (please note that passwords are case-senstive).
- Enter your Google Merchant Center Account ID. For details on how to find this, please click here.
- Select the Target country of your product uploads, such as Google.co.uk (UK version) or Google.com (USA version).
- Login to your Google Merchant Center account.
- You may need to accept the Google Merchant Center terms and conditions and enter a few basic details (such as your location) before you can upload your products.
- You must claim your domain name through the Settings > General section of your Merchant Center account. We recommend that you first verify your domain name with a Google Webmaster Tools account and then claim it through your Merchant Center account. However, Google has recently made a change to allow you to verify ownership of your domain name directly through your Merchant Center account. If you are asked to include a Verification Meta Tag in the Home page of your store, please copy it into the space provided in the Marketing > Google Tools > Webmaster Tools section of the control panel.
- Finally, please ensure you have entered your full domain name URL into the General Settings section of your Google Merchant Center account.
- Once your account has been setup and linked to your webstore, simply visit the Marketing > Google Tools > Google Shopping section, click to view your Offline products, and choose to upload them en-masse or one-at-a-time.