Live Chat Widgets
A step-by-step guide detailing how to add a chat widget to your free online store from within your Freewebstore Control Panel.
Live Chat widgets add a medium for your customers to contact you if/when they have a query about something on your store. This can be the difference between a customer buying something on your store or getting frustrated and looking elsewhere for a similar product.
There are a number of ways you can do this. We are already integrated with the Facebook Messenger chat widget (recommended) which you can find and enable from within our App Center.
To add a third-party chat widget such as Whatsapp, you will need to retrieve some code supplied by the third party. Once you have received the code needed to integrate the chat widget to your store:
- 1.Login to your Control Panel.
- 2.Go to the Design > Theme Editor section.
- 3.Click the +Add button at the top of the page and select Section to Page from the dropdown menu.
- 4.Then locate and select the Banners option in the side panel.
- 5.If you have more than one banner, you will need to select the Footer banner. If not, continue to the next step.
- 6.When the text editor appears, click View and then <>Source Code from the dropdown menu.
- 7.When the new window appears, underneath any content that already lives here, paste the third-party code.
- 9.Click Save again at the bottom of the side panel.
Once you are done, preview your store and see if the widget is now displayed there, normally appearing somewhere in the bottom right of your screen.
If you don't feel confident in carrying this out yourself, simply get in contact with our support team, paste the code you have been given into a support ticket and we will take care of the rest.