A step-by-step guide detailing how to set up the Google Shops app for your free online store from within your Freewebstore Control Panel.
The Google Shopping app allows you to upload your products to the Google Shopping platform and display your products to millions of people around the world. This is the perfect way to increase the number of customers that land on your store and ultimately purchase products from you.
Please note that Google Shopping uses a bidding system for their Ads. Google does not have a minimum bid or a minimum cost for Google Shopping / Product Listing Ads. You can choose a cost per click as low as $0.01, and there is no minimum daily budget, so you have a lot of flexibility with how much you spend on Google Shopping.
- 1.Log in to the Freewebstore Control Panel and visit the Marketing > Google Tools > Google Shopping section.
- 2.Enter your Google Merchant Center username and password and click "Save" (please note that passwords are case-sensitive).
- 3.Enter your Google Merchant Center Account ID.
- 4.Select the target country of your product uploads, such as Google.co.uk (UK version) or Google.com (USA version).
- 6.You may need to accept the Google Merchant Center terms and conditions and enter a few basic details (such as your location) before you can upload your products.
- 7.You must claim your domain name through the Settings > General section of your Merchant Center account. We recommend that you first verify your domain name with a Google Webmaster Tools account and then claim it through your Merchant Center account. However, Google has recently made a change to allow you to verify ownership of your domain name directly through your Merchant Center account. If you are asked to include a Verification Meta Tag in the Home page of your store, please copy it into the space provided in the Marketing > Google Tools > Webmaster Tools section of the control panel.
- 8.Finally, please ensure you have entered your full domain name URL into the General Settings section of your Google Merchant Center account.
- 9.Once your account has been set up and linked to your free online store, simply visit the Marketing > Google Tools > Google Shopping section, click to view your Offline products, and choose to upload them en-masse or one at a time.