A step-by-step guide detailing how to create and add a Facebook Pixel to your store from within your Freewebstore Control Panel.
This clever little piece of code is Facebook's very own analytic tool. It sits in the background of your website, out of view, tracking your customer's every move. Not just on Facebook and Instagram, but over multiple websites too.
2. Once there, ensure that the sidebar is expanded by clicking the very bottom icon labeled "expand" on hover so that the "Connect Data Sources" button can be visible, click "Connect Data Sources".
3. Once you have selected this, a new window will appear with four options, select Web and then click Connect.
4. A new window will appear with the option to select Facebook Pixel, select Facebook Pixel, then Connect.
5. You are then faced with a window telling you exactly what Facebook Pixel can do, it is well worth the read. Click Continue when you have finished.
6. You will then be asked to Name your Pixel. This can be anything you like. You will also be asked for your website URL. Simply enter this like the example below and click next.
Once you have created your Pixel, you will need to add it to your store.
7. Within the Data Sources section of your Events Manager. Select the Settings tab.
8. Whilst on the Settings tab you will see your Pixel ID at the top of the page (take note of this, you will need it later) scroll down until you see the Event Setup section and make sure you toggle the Track Events Automatically Without Code so that it is on.
9. Once you have done this, log in to your Freewebstore Control Panel.
10. Go to the App Center.
11. Locate and click the Facebook Pixel App. Enable it and go to the app.
12. You will now need your Pixel ID that you made note of earlier, enter the ID in the field provided and click Save.
13. All that is left to do now is go back to your Facebook Events Manager and create some events by clicking the Create button in the top right corner of the screen.