Generating Shipping Labels
A step-by-step guide detailing how to generate shipping labels for major providers for your orders within your freewebstore control panel.
Deciding how to send your packages to your customers can become quite a timely task when you have multiple orders to send. That's why we take out the middle man for you on freewebstore.
All you need to do is package your order, let us know the weight of your package and choose a shipping service you would like to use. Then, simply print out the label you generate for your package and stick it to your package. All you need to do then is drop your package off at any office or pick up shop that your chosen provider chooses.
When your customer has made an order:
- 1.Log in to your control panel.
- 2.Go to Orders > List All Orders
- 3.View the order you would like to generate a label for.
- 4.When the order page has loaded, you will see a big panel in the middle of your screen asking if you are "Ready to ship Your Order?". To start the process click the "Compare Rates" button as seen in figure 1 below.
5. Once you have clicked the button, a new window will pop up and you will see that it will automatically generate rates for the total weight of your order. We know that not everything can fit in one box, so you can use the slider provided to edit the weight specified for this package and retrieve new quotes. When you have found a service from the list that you would like to use, simply click the service to select and move on.
6. When you have selected a service, you will be taken to a window that looks like figure 2 below. From here, you can add another package if you have more than one package to send, edit your current packages or view a final summary of the packages and labels you are set to generate.
7. When you have chosen the relevant services for all of the packages you need to send, click "View Final Quote".
8. You will now see a summary list of all the packages you are sending (similar to figure 3 below). This information covers the weight expected in each package, the price each label will cost and the maximum dimensions of each package.
9. If you have made a mistake or you wish to change a package, you can always click the back button that you will see in the top right of the window. When you are sure that you are happy with the labels you are set to print, check that you "confirm that your package(s) fit the dimensions and weight selected" and click "Generate and Pay". This will then generate your labels and download them to your device. If you do not have enough credit in your account, this button will take you to deposit credit.
10. After printing your labels, stick them to the appropriate packages and take them to your nearest drop-off point.
The sooner you drop your package off with the shipping provider, the sooner your customer will receive their order.
This feature is only available for domestic shipments for stores in the United Kingdom and the United States. Support for further regions will be rolled out at a later date.