Comment on page
How do I set up SEO for my categories?
A step-by-step guide detailing how to set Search Engine Optimization content for your categories within your Freewebstore Control Panel.
We handle the SEO content for your categories automatically based on your category names and the description you have written for them. This is recommended as you can easily lose track of what you have added if you have many categories on your store.
However, if you did want to add your own description, title and even a custom URL:
- 1.Login to your Freewebstore Control Panel.
- 2.Go to Manage > Products > Categories.
- 3.Select a category you wish to add SEO content to.
- 4.You will then see the Edit button become available at the top of the page, click Edit.
- 5.You will notice 3 tabs at the top of the new little window. Select the SEO tab.
- 6.Once there, you can enter your own Title, Keywords, Description and Custom URL.
- 7.Once you are happy with your SEO content, click Apply.
Frequently changing your SEO content can have a negative effect on how high you appear in potential customers' search rankings.