Comment on page
How do I set up SEO for my Store?
A simple step-by-step guide detailing how to set up SEO content for your free online store from within your Freewebstore Control Panel.
To set up the SEO content for your freewebstore:
- 1.Login to your Freewebstore Control Panel.
- 2.Go to Marketing > SEO.
- 3.Here you will see 3 fields in which you will need to input content for search bots to crawl. Once you are happy with the content entered, click Save.
- The Title Field - The Title should include the name of your store and summarize the type of products you sell. It will be visible in the Title Bar at the top of the web browser when viewing the Home page and may be used in search engine's results pages.
Recommended length: 50 - 100 characters
- The Description Field - A good Description should contain a paragraph or two which describes your store and the products you sell. Try to include several relevant keywords that match the visible content of the page. The Description will not be visible on your store but may be used in search engine's results pages.
Recommended length: 100 - 400 characters
- The Keywords Field - This should contain a list of relevant keywords (words and phrases that you think customers may search for), each separated by a comma (,). In the past, Keywords were reasonably important and search engines relied heavily on this information, however, today, most search engines instead rely on the actual visible content of a website, and some even disregard Keywords completely. Keywords will not be visible on your store.
Recommended length: 100 - 300 characters