Comment on page
A step-by-step guide detailing how to Import your products to your free online store from within your Freewebstore Control Panel.
What is the Product Importer?
The Product Importer allows you to import a list of all your products in .CSV (Comma Seperated Values) format. These products could be from a third-party platform similar to freewebstore or even import products from a dropshipping company.
We do recommend that you start with just 10 items first, this is to ensure that your import will work. Once 10 items are uploaded successfully, you can then add the rest of your items to your CSV file and upload it.
- 1.Log into your Freewebstore Control Panel.
- 2.Go to Manage > Products > Import.
- 3.Select the Standard Import option.
- 4.Add your .CSV file to the upload box or click inside the box to browse your File Explorer for the file you wish to upload.
- 5.Once you are happy with the file you would like to upload, click Upload.
It generally takes less than 2 hours for an import to complete based on the number of products you have.
If your CSV file is not correctly formatted for our system, your Import may fail.
To see how your CSV should look and the fields our system will expect, download our CSV templates below:
- If you are importing for the first time then we'd recommend uploading a small 10-product import file to test before you upload larger import files.
- The first row of your CSV file should contain the column headings (such as Product Name, Category Name, Price etc.).
- The Category column can list multiple levels of sub-categories by separating each level with a semi-colon (;). For example, "Parent Category;Sub-Categories;Nested Sub-Category".
- Simply ignore the postage column to have all your products follow your default postage rules.