A step-by-step guide with explanations detailing where to find and implement custom search tags within your freewebstore control panel.
Custom search tags allow you to help the search bar on your store work a little better. It allows you to enter different terms that relate to the products that your customers may be looking for.
The search bar on your store currently returns products that match your product names exactly. For example, a customer may search for the term 'phone', but nothing on your store matches this term because all of your 'phone' products are named 'mobile' products. By using the search tags feature, you can add the term 'phone' to your 'mobile' products so the next time your customers search for 'phones' your 'mobile' products are returned.
By using this feature effectively, you could improve your conversion rate by up to 27%.
To add search tags to your products:
- 1.Log in to your control panel.
- 2.Go to the Manage > Products > List All Products section.
- 3.Select "View" on the product you wish to add custom search tags to.
- 4.You will find the Search Tags panel to the right of your screen. If you can't see it right away, you may need to scroll down a little.
- 5.Once located, expand the panel by clicking the arrow.
- 6.You should now be able to see an input field, for each tag you wish to add, type the tag into the field and then either press enter or click add.
- 7.When you are happy with the tags added, finish by clicking Save.