Offline Payment Checkouts
What does an Offline checkout have to offer and how to setup an Offline checkout method in your Freewebstore Control Panel.
Offline payments are available to all users. They allow you to provide a checkout option where shoppers can place an order without payment. The idea is that you provide instructions to them on how to make payment "offline". For example, you can use this feature to provide checkout options such as:
- Pay on Collection
- Cash on Delivery
- Pay by Check
- Pay by Phone
- Invoice Payments
- Bank Transfers
- Cash on Delivery
- Or Create your own
You can have as many different offline checkouts as you need for your business. Offline orders are charged a small commission in the same way that online orders are. We have a tiered commission structure, the higher your plan the lower your commission is. Ridge users pay 0% commission for example.
Commission for offline orders is taken automatically from your store credit account as each order is placed. To unlock this feature and start creating offline checkouts, simply add some funds to your store credit account.
- 1.Login to your Freewebstore Control Panel.
- 2.Go to Orders > Payment Gateways.
- 3.Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see the panel labeled Offline Payment Gateways, click the Setup Offline Payments button.
- 4.You will then be faced with a new window, select your chosen method, create your own if you do not see a method that suits your needs.
- 5.Choose a name for your method.
- 6.Write instructions for your customers before they checkout. These instructions will be shown to your customer once they have selected this payment method but before the order has been confirmed.
- 7.Write instructions for your customers for when they have checked out.
- 8.Write any additional information that your customers may need to know.
- 9.When you are happy, make sure that the Offline Payment Status is set to Active and Save.