Editing the Registered Address for my Domain
A step-by-step guide with explanations detailing how to edit the address that is registered with your domain within your freewebstore control panel.
When you register for a new domain, you will need to provide a valid address. If you move house, you will need to update your registered address for your domain.
ICANN rules (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) state that when buying a domain, you are under the obligation to provide and maintain your current address. You may never need to prove your address is legitimate, but it can backfire if you have provided an incorrect address in the case you have a dispute of some kind.
To edit the address registered to a domain:
- 1.Log in to your Freewebstore control panel.
- 2.Go to the Marketing > Domain Names section.
- 3.Next to the domain you wish to edit the registered address for, hover over the Actions button and select Registrar Address from the dropdown menu.
- 4.In the page that loads, you will see an address form to fill out. Correct any information in these fields so that they are valid with your current address.
- 5.Click Confirm/Update Details.