Comment on page
Editing the Registered Address for my Domain
A step-by-step guide with explanations detailing how to edit the address that is registered with your domain within your freewebstore control panel.
When you register for a new domain, you will need to provide a valid address. If you move house, you will need to update your registered address for your domain.
ICANN rules (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) state that when buying a domain, you are under the obligation to provide and maintain your current address. You may never need to prove your address is legitimate, but it can backfire if you have provided an incorrect address in case you have a dispute of some kind.
To edit the address registered to a domain:
- 1.Log in to your Freewebstore control panel.
- 2.Go to the Marketing > Domain Names section.
- 3.Next to the Connect Domain Name button, you will see the Manage Domain Address button, click this button.
- 4.You will then be able to edit your domain address details as required.
- 5.Click Confirm/Update Details.