Cancel an Order
A step-by-step guide with explanations detailing how to cancel an order made by a customer from within your freewebstore control panel.
There are multiple reasons you might need to cancel an order and it's easier than you think. When you cancel an order, a number of things happen:
- We'll automatically email the customer notifying them that their order has been canceled and that their payment will be refunded if they have paid.
- Stock changes will be reversed.
- The order status will change to "Canceled".
- Order will no longer be actionable.
- Order will no longer be visible.
- If you have been charged a processing fee for the order or cart saver, this will be refunded to your account.
To cancel an order:
- 1.Log in to your control panel.
- 2.Go to the order you wish to cancel by going to the Orders > List All Orders page.
- 3.Select View on the order you wish to cancel.
- 4.When the order page loads, on the right of your screen you will notice a panel labeled Actions. Locate and select the Cancel Order option.
- 5.A pop-up will appear outlining what will happen when you cancel the order (as seen above). If you are happy to cancel the order at this point, click Cancel Order.