Changing the next order number
A step-by-step guide with explanations detailing how to change your next order number from within your freewebstore control panel.
There are many reasons why you may need to change your order numbers and where they start from. You might change it for organizational reasons such as putting the year before the order number (eg, 202201) so that you can locate all of the orders from that year easily.
To change the order number for your next order:
- 1.Log in to your control panel.
- 2.Go to the Orders > List All Orders section.
- 3.Open the Page View dropdown found toward the top-right of your screen.
- 4.Right at the bottom of the panel that opens up is a section labeled Next Order Number. Here, you will see what your next order number currently is and a button underneath. Click the Update button.
- 5.A pop-up will appear, in this pop-up, you will notice a text field. Enter the required number you wish your next order to be.
- 6.When you are happy, click Save.
Your next order will then start at the number you have specified and saved and your orders will then be numbered sequentially, eg, 202201, 202202, 202203, etc.