Comment on page
Editing the Default Tax
A step-by-step guide on how to set up default tax values for your international customers from within your Freewebstore Control Panel.
There are a number of ways to set up tax rules in your Control Panel. To add a default tax to all of the products on your store:
- 1.Login to your Freewebstore Control Panel.
- 2.Go to the Settings > Cart section.
- 3.Scroll down the page until you locate the panel labeled Tax Options.
- 4.In this panel, you will be able to disable or enable added tax to your products by toggling the Store Tax options.
- 5.You can also set a Default Tax Rate % by entering your chosen tax in the relevant field.
- 6.You can also edit the Tax/VAT rate by Country/State. Simply click the Edit Country/State Tax Rates button. Here you will be able to set your tax percentages for each country. The rate will change automatically for any customers that checkout on your store. For example, if your customer is from Australia, our system will edit the tax they are charged based on the values you have entered in this section.
- 7.When you are happy with the changes, click Update.
- 8.Update to finish.