Linking External Websites To Your Freewebstore
If you already have an external website for your business and want to link it to your freewebstore this guide will help you to do this.
Linking your Freewebstore to your external website allows you to:
- Sell products on your external website.
- Use the eCommerce tools available at Freewebstore and still keep your external website.
- Funnel traffic from an established website to your eCommerce store seamlessly.
- Link your Freewebstore to your corporate website.
To link your Freewebstore to your established website you need to create a subdomain. We then use the subdomain and attach it to your Freewebstore.
A subdomain is a subdivision of a domain. For example, if you have a domain such as mywebsite.com, you can create a subdomain such as store.mywebsite.com or shop.mywebsite.com. The name possibility is endless but the results can be great.
If you already have a website, such as mywebsite.com, and want to create a subdomain of store.example.com follow the steps below
- 1.Log in to your domain registrar.
- 2.Go to the control panel of the domain name that you want a subdomain for.
- 3.Find a "Subdomains" button or "Create subdomains"
- 4.In the domain name text area, type in the subdomain name, e.g. store or shop.
- 5.In the directory area, enter the directory that the subdomain will map to.
Adding different domains to your Freewebstore means that if anyone types this domain into the address bar of their Internet Browser, it will take them to your Freewebstore.
- 2.Log into your Freewebstore account.
- 3.Go to Marketing > Domain Names.
- 4.Add your subdomain name into the text box as shown below.
- 5.Click Connect.
- 6.Once connected, anyone that types this link into their browser will be taken to your Freewebstore.
Example of the domains page in the freewebstore control panel. This is where you should enter the name of your sub-domain.
- 2.Add the subdomain link to your external website. You can do this either by:
- Adding the URL of the subdomain i.e. store.mywebsite.com to the content on your webpage or
- By adding your subdomain as a link on your external website.
- Contact your website administrator if you are unsure of how to do this.